The Acai berry is actually only 10% edible. The remaining 90% of seeds are not eaten. When the berry is consumed, only the pulp is eaten. Dont think the Acai seeds are a complete waste. Many put them to very good use. From jewelry to using the seed as an energy source, the Acai berry is so much more than just a wonderful nutritional fruit.

Those who sell inferior products, where there is less than 90% of the Acai berry is present, are selling a product that hasnt necessarily been tested for perfection. It is best to make sure the Acai you are buying, and consuming, is legitimate.